Ing. Cristoforo Baldoni
This article provides the principles for the design and analysis of Feedback and Control Systems. The Control Systems are everywhere in the modern industrial technological world, in the laser positioning of a CD Reader, in the very high precision positioning system of an hard disk head, and even our body has a large number of biological control systems. After introducing the basic concepts, we’ll see how easily evaluate the Open loop Transfer Function with PSPice.
1. Processes, Open Loop and Closed Loop Control Systems (Feedback Systems)
2. Generic closed loop schematic of Feedback Systems
3. Physycal Processes Modeling, differential equations and calculations simplification with Laplace transform
4. Transfer Function, Poles and Zeros of a Transfer Function, phisical meaning
5. Natural and Forced Response, calculating Residues, when it’s possible simplify identical Zeros and Poles, dominant poles
6. Process Stability
7. Steady State Error, Type of Systems
8. Study of Transfer Function with Bode diagram. Study the Open Loop Transfer Function with SPICE.