Simulate power amplifier in 11 MultiSim

Home Forums Audio Circuits Discrete Component Power Amplifiers Simulate power amplifier in 11 MultiSim

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    identiconpaulopca

I’m trying to run a simulation of a power amplifier in MultiSim 11 but I’m not getting. Could someone please help me?
    Attached is the file MultSim 11.
    I am very grateful to anyone who can help me.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    4soBRutk12

Hi,

cool project. Are you sure that all wirings are ok? is there a reference document for this project?

4soBRutk12

anyway I think to know what’s wrong with your project, you ‘ve connected the MJE340 and MJE350 emitters with pin 4 and pin 7 of TL071CP, but the SPICE model of TL071CP models only pin 1 2 3 4 5. Try to connect the emitters with pin 1 and 5.

identiconpaulopca

Hello 4soBRutk12!
    Thanks for your reply.
    As a reference document see the attached file.

Attachments:
    identiconpaulopca

In fact, pinout TL071CP the datasheet does not match the pinout on the spice model.
    However, if you build some simple circuits to test will confirm that the circuits work when mounted according to the datasheet and not as spice model.
    See the attached file.

Attachments:
    4soBRutk12

you’re right about the pins. A question, the schematic you’ve uploaded is based on a working project or it’s simply a your test?

identiconpaulopca

It is basede on a working project.
    It’s amazing that I’m having difficulty to solve this problem. I posted on various vanilla2s and so far not managed to solve this problem. I’m thinking of changing simulator, even in the official vanilla2 of the Multisim (National Instruments) got no answer.

4soBRutk12

upload the original schematic of the working project please

identiconpaulopca

The schematic that I uploaded is the working project

4soBRutk12

your schematic looks more like a Kuroda amplifier than an Alexander amplifier and it seems that there’s nothing wrong. I’ve simulated with LTspice , with reliable spice models of MJL1302A, MJL3281A, MJE340, MJE350, BD139, BD140, TIP41C and TIP42C, and it works fine. Try to test the same models into Multisim.

identiconpaulopca

I thank you for your help.
    I’m trying to learn how to use the OrCAD and now I will also try to learn to use LTspice.
    The models that you used already part of LTspice or I have to download them from the Internet? If I have to download them where you found them?

4soBRutk12

No you don’t have to download, I’ve added them with SPICE directives

identiconpaulopca

I did the simulation in Multisim with the TL071 model fitted with discrete components you posted.
    The simulation work and the values measured in the actual circuit are quite close to the values provided by the simulation.

Attached is an image of the simulation.

Attachments:
    4soBRutk12

excellent, the file seems to be a multisim12 file, can you convert it to a multisim 11?

identiconpaulopca

I could not convert to version 11.
    Attached is the complete circuit in pdf.
    I posted the amplifier circuit in version 11, you only need to add the part of the TL071.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.