- This topic is empty.
July 10, 2022 at 8:43 pm #19231MagiParticipantCredits: 1
Everyone has seen an RJ45 connector at some point, especially if they’ve ever had to connect an Ethernet wire to a router. The letters “RJ” stand for “registered jack,” and the number 45 refers to the interface standard. Some people may mistake it for an RJ11 connector, which is used to connect telephone lines. The differences between RJ11 and RJ45 connectors with magnetic are listed below.
What is RJ?
A registered jack (RJ) is a standardized network interface for connecting voice and data telecommunications equipment.
Overview of rj11
The RJ11 connector is used to terminate traditional PSTN telephone networks. The RJ11 connector has four pins and is used to terminate telephone cables. The RJ11 uses the center two connections out of the six available for wiring a single phone line. It’s the standard connector for connecting a phone to the wall and a handset to the phone.
Overview of rj45
RJ45 is a more recent, modular, self-securing, and compact technology for connecting ethernet cables to various electronic devices. The RJ45 is an eight-pin connection that connects ethernet interfaces. An 8P8C connector is what it’s called.
Types of cables based on the termination:
1. Straight-over cable
2. Crossover cable
1.RJ45 is mostly used with Ethernet cables while RJ11 in connecting telephone units.
2.RJ45 has 8 wires inside while Rj11 has 4 wires.
3.RJ45 is bigger in size than RJ11.
4. You cannot plug in an RJ45 cable connector into an RJ11 interface/port/slot however
5. You can do the opposite (you should avoid doing so as it can damage the RJ45 port).
Comparison of rj11and rj45
1. The main difference is their physical appearance, with the RJ45 connector being wider and having 8 pins than the RJ11 connector. RJ112 is a six-pin connector with a thin plugging end. Their pin colors are also varied.
2. RJ 45 supports 10Gbps bandwidth because it is utilized in data communication networks employing Ethernet connections. Fiber optics, such as a fiber cable and a fiber media converter, can be used to expand this even further. RJ11 only supports a bandwidth of 24Mbps.
3.RJ45 is known as 8P8C since it contains eight pins and connecting ports. RJ11 is referred to as 6P4C on the same lines.
4.RJ45 connectors are typically used with Cat5 and Cat6 cables, whereas RJ11 is only used with telephone cables.
5.RJ45 can be used to connect switches, cables, computers, routers, and other devices in a copper cable network.
6.RJ11 switches consist mostly of two sockets for a two-line telephone system. Switches with RJ45 connectors, on the other hand, come in a variety of configurations, including managed and unmanaged network switches with 4,5, 8, 10, or even 20 ports. SFP+ ports on one end and RJ45 ports on the other are found on some switches that handle fiber connections. It’s possible that the number of ports will change.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.